Margarita Island Guide
The ultimate guide to information and resources for those travelling to Margarita Island, Venezuela and surrounding areas
Board index Admin's Place El foro espanol Spanish profanity

Spanish profanity

This forum is for people who want to practice their spanish language skills and for people who want to learn some simple spanish!

Moderators: Walter's Tours, mig-admin

Post Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:47 pm
mig-admin Site Admin

While I don't condone the use of profanity in the other forums I am thinking it might be benefical to share the spanish version of these words with others. It might save someone from embarassment or even trouble!

What are your thoughts on this? Discuss.

Post Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:37 pm

[color=brown]i agree, within reason...and i suspect we wont have any problems. unless one of us develops [i]s

Post Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:49 am
marsha Top 10 Poster

don't think that will happen here
Last edited by marsha on Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Mon Mar 28, 2005 3:19 am
mig-admin Site Admin

Listing out the definitions won't work due to the progranity filter built into this message board. I think using asteriks (eg. f***) is the way to go.

There are kids that read this site and we should do our best to keep things clean. It is also in the best interest of the traveller who wants to speak the local language to know what phrases could lead to trouble or embarrassment!

Post Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:28 am
Juan DeSoto Top 10 Poster

I remain unconvinced that this is the proper place for something like this.I learned most of my extracurricular vocabulary playing street basketball in Mexico.About the only time such knowledge comes in handy is being able to let people who are cursing you behind your back know that you understand exactly what they are saying.

But my advice is to ALWAYS retain your dignity,& not try to turn the use of such language into a contest to see who knows how to say more crap.This goes for English as well. :wink: :idea:
Life is but a game;make your own rules.

Post Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:00 am
marsha Top 10 Poster

didn't think anyone would but thought I'd ask... yes usaully even in english I think ppl pretty much try to control their vocabulary..... :)

I like this message board and haven't see any as of yet so I'm glad.

thanks -

Return to El foro espanol

All content contained within this domain is COPYRIGHT 1999 Walter's Tours. All rights reserved.
---Managed and maintained by Walter's Tours.---
All prices are subject to change.

Margarita Island Guide Sitemap